We are pleased to announce that in 2017 Kerr's worked closely with the Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA) to ensure that Kerr's products are suitable for consumption by the Halal-conscious consumer.
During the certification process HMA reviewed each and every ingredient used by Kerr's to verify which products meet the requirements for HMA Halal Certification.
Products made with ingredients not deemed suitable for a Halal Diet were excluded from the certified products list, which can be found on the HMA Website.
Kerr's Ingredient Highlights:
- Kerr's flavourings for HMA certified products are aqueous (water) based.
HMA has verified that all Kerr's ingredients, including mono and diglycerides, are from a vegetarian source.
- The only exception is gelatin (beef). Our Gelatin is Kosher certified, however, it is not Halal certified at this time.
Please refer back to our website for newly certified products as continuous updates will be made!
Please see below for a full list of the products not currently HMA Halal Certified:
- Assorted Toffee (425g)
- Chewy Mints (500g)
- Creamy Caramels Caramel Apple (130g)
- Creamy Caramels Toasted Coconut (130g)
- Candy Cane Kisses
- Deluxe Assortment (425g)
- English Mints (200g)
- Fruit Taffy (180g)
- Fruit Taffy (425g)
- Fruit Taffy (550g)
- Greek Yogourt Fruit Chews (150g)
- Jelly Beans (180g)
- Ju Jubes (180g)
- NSA Assorted (300g)
- NSA Fruit Smoothies (90g)
- Sour Fruit Chews (150g)
- Super Selection (1.75kg)
- Wintergreen Mints (200g)
If you require more information on Halal certified products, please send us a direct message through our Contact Us page, or contact the Halal Monitoring Authority (HMA).